Saturday, May 9, 2009

INCOMING!

This post is coming a bit late as all my loot actually came in on May 1st, but....The Imperial Guard have arrived!



Not pictured are a Cadian Command Squad, more Cadians, and some assorted Forge World Chaos Renegade bits.

So far I've got one Valk mostly finished and based, and I'm just getting started on the second one. I must say: the kit is awesome. It's got some of the best features I've seen in a GW kit: functional sliding doors, pivoting heavy bolter assemblies,and most importantly....a flying base that actually works!

The batteries of my camera died before I could get any pictures of the built Valk and base, but I will eventually take some and throw them up here.

In the mean time...I have started work on the second Valk, and decided to try a salt mask to weather it. (As detailed in this tutorial.)

I am very happy with the results:





Now to detail the interior and actually put it together!

As far as gaming with the IG - got my first game in Friday with Rob. (He did a write-up on it on his blog if you're interested in how it played out.)
My list needs some tweaking, and it will be a big adjustment after playing Orks for so long - but I like it!

1 comment:

  1. The dice were a big help in that game. You had an amazing run early on with your hot and my cold dice (5-6 dead Wraithguard, 3 wounds on the Avatar, 2 wounds on the Wraithlord, and 2-3 passed psychic tests on the Battle Psykers with Runes of Warding up), and then they switched places.

    Like you said, needs some tweaking, but I worry about it. Accurately-placed Valks are a bit of a pain in the ass. If you can KO my transports, the guys inside are NOT likely to last in the open, what with the Valks massed anti-infantry fire and the gryphons.

    ReplyDelete